Denny Dang (Seattle, Washington)
Denny is the lead partner at EBI. He relies on his 25 years of cross-functional management, relationship building business operations, finance and strategy experience in Vietnam and North America to help companies develop new business opportunities and improve operating performance. Denny has lived and worked in Vietnam. He is politically and culturally astute with demonstrable multi-cultural leadership and negotiation skills. Denny has 25 year experience in manufacturing technology in aerospace and pulp and paper industries. He has a deep interest in education and improving the quality of and access to education in Vietnam. He has excellent relationships with Vietnamese leadership in education and is well-versed in both Vietnamese and American cultures.
From 2010 – 2013 Denny served as a Senior Representative – City University of Seattle, an institution with campuses in 11 countries around the world, where he provided strategic planning, business development, partnering in operations management and global leadership.
Prior to 2010, Denny was Senior Manufacturing Consultant at Pulp & Paper Division of Weyerhaeuser Corporation; System Manager at Precision Cast Parts Company, a Boeing Supplier.
Denny earned his undergraduate BS in Applied Mathematics from the University of California Berkeley, graduate studies in Engineering Management at Portland State University, and extensive Executive leadership training at Weyerhaeuser Company Foundation and Stanford University.
Contact Denny Dang at: email@example.com
Dr. Duong Nhu Hung - Chairman EBI Vietnam
Areas of Research and Teaching Interest
- Research areas: Stock Market returns, Capital Structure, Dividend Policy, Performance of State Owned Enterprises, Total Factor Productivity (TFP)
- Courses taught: Case Studies in Finance, Principle of Corporate Finance, Portfolio Management, Financial Markets and Institutions, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Balanced Scorecards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Ph.D. Finance Old Dominion University, Virginia, US, 2008 - Dissertation: “Performance of Funds of Hedge Funds
- MBA Int’ Business Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, 1999
- MSc Electrical Eng. Technical University of Budapest, Hungary, 1993
- Apr 2017 – now Head of Finance Department Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, School of Industrial Management
- Nov 2013 – Mar 2017 Vice Rector, in charge for international relations and research University of Economics and Law (Vietnam National University – HCMC)
- Sep 2009 – Oct 2013 Head of Finance Department Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, School of Industrial Management
- May 1999 – Jul 2000 Recruitment executive, Maastricht MBA Program, Vietnam
- May 1994 – Dec 1996 Sales Manager Xuyen Viet Transportation Ltd., Vietnam
- Mar 2017 – present Senior Lecturer Bach Khoa University, School of Industrial Management
- Nov 2013 – Mar 2017 Senior Lecturer University of Economics and Law
- Sep 2009 – Oct 2013 Senior Lecturer Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, School of Industrial Management
- Visiting lecturer at Master of Consulting International Program (MCI, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern, Switzerland), International University
- (HCMC National University), University of Houston Clear Lake, University of Northampton, the Netherland Economic Development Program (a joint program between
- University of Economics HCMC and Erasmus University of Rotterdam), AIT-Vietnam, Vietnam-Germany University (VGU)
- Aug 2005 - May 2009 Adjunct Instructor Department of Finance, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, USA Courses taught: Corporate Finance, Software Productivity, New Portals to Appreciating Our Global Environment (NewPage)
- Sep 2000- Jun 2002 Lecturer Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, School of Industrial Management<
Corporate Training Experience
- Balanced Scorecards in Higher education (Training Centre for Advanced Management, TCAM)
- Financial management for non-finance managers (Vietnam Telecom International, VTI
- Standard costing and Cost controlling (Heineken)
- Business Simulation Game (Holcim)
- With Thang, L.C. Risk Mitigation in Project Financing in
- Vietnam: Lenders’ Perspectives in the Private Sector. Challenges on the Path to Development, Truong Quang (ed.), Pathum-Thani: SAV-SOM joint publishing 2001, With Tri, T.M. Impact of the board ownership on the performance of companies listed on HOSE. Science & Technology Development. Q2/2011. Vol. 14, pp 116-
- With Hung, L.H., Ha, N.H.N, Giang, L.H., Yen, H.H. Factors affecting TFP: a survey of six industries in Ho Chi Minh city. Science & Technology Development Q2/2013. Vol. 16, pp 16-24.
- With Liem, N.T., Thien, N.D. Stock Performance of several industries in Vietnam. Science & Technology Development. Q2/2015.
- Project leader: Measurement of the total factor productivity of selected industries in Ho Chi Minh city. Department of Science and Technology. Ho Chi Minh city. 2014.
- Project leader: Performance of equitized firms in Vietnam (on-going)
- May 2016 – now Certified Assessor, VNU-HCM Center for Education Accreditation
- Apr 2017 – now Country expert for the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) in Vietnam
- Oct 2014 – now Member, Stock Index Council, Hochiminh Stock Exchange, Vietnam
- Apr 2011 – now Independent Member, Board of Directors, Khanh hoa Power Company (KHP), Vietnam
- Jul 2009 – Jun 2014 Member, Inspection Committee, VOSA Corporation, Vietnam
- Languages: fluent in Vietnamese (native), Hungarian, and English<
- Computer software: Matlab, Eviews, SPSS
Nguyễn Minh Huệ – CEO EBI Vietnam
- CEO of EBI Vietnam, has more than 15 years of working experience as a business development executive for big corporations like BSI (British Standard Institution), BV (Bureau Veritas) and FPT Corporation. With 7 years of living and working in the United State, she is committed to supporting the development of overseas studies in Vietnam.
- Hue earned her Bachelor Degree in Marketing from the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City
- Contact Huệ: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiet Ly, MD, MPH, MS (San Francisco, California)
Dr. Ly is founder and current Principal Consultant of the H.E.A.R.T (Health Evaluation Assessment Research & Training) consulting group. Dr. Ly is a physician trained in Internal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health. He received his Masters of Science (MS) in Physiology and Medical Doctor (MD) degrees from Georgetown University, and Masters in Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology and Global Health from the University of Washington (UW). He served as a UW faculty member and clinician scientist for more than 10 years where he conducted research in oral and cardiovascular health.
Dr. Ly has extensive expertise in developing, implementing, and managing clinical trials and epidemiological research studies within the U.S. as well as in the Pacific Islands and Vietnam. He is experienced in mentoring, teaching, and course content development for health professional students (public health, dental, medical).
Prof. Bob McIntosh, Ph.D (Seattle, Washington)
Is a retired member of the faculty (business department) of The Evergreen State College and former regional Sales GM for GE Capital IT Solutions. Bob is a trained Six Sigma and Integral Solutions leader/trainer and has over 2000 hours as a fixed wing aircraft pilot. He has traveled internationally extensively and has worked with many firms that required business development found within leadership, integral management, and systems thinking.
Bob is a teacher whose undergraduate work was formed within comparative religions and his graduate work/research has been on-going within the marriage of science with the myths people overlay on all levels of business. Many people call this culture but what they do not understand is that most of this effort is just a mental structure they build to gain a poor definition of success.
Contact Prof. Bob McIntosh at: email@example.com
Son Minh Nguyen (HCM City)
Son has nearly 20 years of success in the Information Technology field at FPT Corporation, a premier Internet Service Provider in Vietnam. He also has extensive educational background in both Physic and Semiconductor Material areas which he had taught at the University of HCM City before holding the directorship at FPT.
Son’s experience encompasses the activities both in Vietnam and overseas. He traveled under the invitations of Compaq Corporation and Portland Community College to evaluate new technologies in order to implement business strategy to increase market share. Son possesses an intimate understanding of American business culture and needs and has the ability to merge different philosophies into successful common objectives. Son is multilingual and able to train, lead, and motivate. He is astute in recognizing and exploiting business opportunities.
Son’s credentials include B.S in Materials Science – Vietnam National University HCMC, Executive leadership training at Tuck School of Business – Dartmouth College.
Sophia Vo – Google Inc. – Marketing Consulting and Business Development
Sophia Vo works at Google in marketing consulting and business development, where she is also the North America lead for data insights. She founded the record label Postmoon Records and previously ran the radio station KZSU Stanford 90.1 F.M. Companies that she has consulted for include Nike, Twitter and Microsoft. She immigrated from Vietnam to the U.S. at an early age.
She graduated Stanford University with honors in both Communication and Film. She advises EBI on market opportunities for brand messaging and revenue.
Tuan Le (San Jose, California)
Tuan advises EBI on information and technology operations (E-learning). He also has strong interests in TEFL/ TESOL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language/ for Speakers of Other Languages) training program development. In the past, Tuan spent several years teaching English for Vietnamese immigrants in the Boston area.
Tuan has been working as hardware design engineer in the telecommunications, networking, and aerospace industries for many years. He holds a B.S/ M.S in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Boston University and Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, respectively.
Contact Tuan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Thuy Vu, Ph.D – Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA
Professor Vu has over 40 years of academic and administrative experience in the field of economics, business management and public policy. He receive
d his M.A in Business and Ph.D. in Economics from Michigan State University. His teaching experience includes The National Bank of Vietnam, the University of Saigon, the University of Washington, and The Evergreen State College.
Dr. Vu also has extensive knowledge in business management and public administration through his 21 years with the state of Washington as Research and Policy Program Manager, State Coordinator for Immigrant and Refugee Resettlement, and Executive Director for the State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs.
His consulting and business experience includes the National Bank of Vietnam, the National Association of Welfare Research and Statistics, the Small Business Technical Assistance Program, the Southeast Asian Business Development Program, the World Federation on Mental Health for Immigrants and Refugees, and the Community Action Council of Thurston, Mason and Lewis counties.
Prof. Thuy will serve as academic advisor for EBI.
Dung Mai, Ph.D – Boeing Company
Dr. Mai is a computer scientist at the Boeing Company with more than 15 years of developing enterprise software. Dr. Mai also successfully designed and developed several on-line applications such as a complete solution for Java hosting service and on-line certification testing site. In addition to software development, Dr. Mai is currently researching data science, machine learning, and genetics, especially DNA sequence alignment. The goal is to develop an on-line interactive and high computing performance platform using Hadoop